Another group or vendor provides the info on the next page. If you don’t want to leave our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward.
Part B drug step therapy
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) allows us to use step therapy requirements for Part B drugs. We have done so and use the 2023 CVS Caremark® Advanced Biosimilars - First Medical Preferred Drug List - Medicare Part B Step Therapy (PDF), or the 2024 CVS Caremark® Advanced Biosimilars - First Medical Preferred Drug List - Medicare Part B Step Therapy (PDF).
Prior authorization (PA)
Your provider can ask for:
- PA for Medicare Part B drugs
- An exception for non-preferred Medicare Part B drugs instead of preferred Part B drugs: usually applies when you’re already in an active course of treatment
Just ask your provider to send a supporting statement with their request. We’ll review:
- Standard requests within 72 hours
- Expedited requests within 24 hours
Glucose meters and supplies
- FreeStyle Libre® and Dexcom® are the preferred brands of continuous glucose meters and supplies.
- OneTouch® is the preferred brand of glucose meters and test strips.
- Non-preferred diabetes supplies need PA.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.