Provider Training and Education
Provider Training and Education
Network Management Webinars
To view previous Network Management webinars, just click on the link:
MercyCare101: Provider training
Mercy Care 101: Network Management Mailbox
Mercy Care 101: New provider in-service
Mercy Care 101: Member-related information
Mercy Care 101: Claims overview
Mercy Care 101: Arizona Association of Health Plans (AzAHP)
Mercy Care 101: An AHCCCS overview
Mercy Care 101: Additional information and final thoughts
- 2023 Provider HEDIS Webinar: Gaps in Care (GIC)
- 2023 Provider HEDIS Webinar: Year Round Medical Record Review (YRMRR)
- ABA services webinar | View slides and FAQ | Webinar date: 6/1/22
- ACC-RBHA expansion into Gila and Pinal counties | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 5/18/22
- Grants overview of SABG and MHBG | View slides or recording | Webinar dates: 4/26, 5/5, 5/11/22
- Mercy Care DCS CHP-Special considerations for children in foster care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/28/22
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/22
- Claims, disputes and appeals submissions | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/29/22
- Provider Services Profile | View slides | Webinar date: 03/8/2022 and 03/11/2022
- Pyx Health Application | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 07/20/2021
- Transitions of Care (TRC) | View slides | Webinar date: 07/13/2021
- All Provider Training: Mercy Care Provider In-Service | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Attendant Care Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 1/28/2021
- Emergency Department Care Coordination | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Home Health Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 4/29/2021
- PCP Behavioral Health Crisis System | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- Member Eligibility and Claims | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/24/2021
- Social Determinants of Health | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/23/2021
- DCS CHP Provider Roadshow | View slides (PDF), Supplemental handout, recording | Webinar date: 3/11/2021
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 1/14/2021
- HEDIS MY 2020: Reducing the burden on providers | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 11/17/2020
- COVID-19 Schemes: Fraud, Waste, and Abuse | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/16/2020
- Annual Wellness Visit | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 12/15/2020
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care – HEDIS MY 2020 | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 10/13/2020
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/22/2020
- Flu Vaccine | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/08/2020
- Gaps in Care Report | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 8/11/2020
- Transitions of Care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- MCA Care Provider Partners | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/23/2020
- COVID-19 Provider TeleHealth/Telemedicine and Billing | Webinar date: 4/16/2020
- COVID-19 All Provider Webinar | Date: 3/24/2020
- HEDIS 2020 - Reducing the Burden on Providers | Webinar date: 12/10/2019
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care | Webinar date: 10/8/2019
- DD Provider Forum | Webinar date: 9/17/2019
- Flu Vaccines | Webinar date: 9/10/2019
- Provider Gaps in Care Report | Webinar date: 8/13/2019
- NDC Billing Requirements | Webinar date: 7/23/2019
- Transitions in Care | Webinar date: 7/16/2019
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | Webinar date: 6/11/2019
- SNF Billing Changes | Webinar date: 3/26/2019
- Mercy Care Member Eligibility Presentation | Webinar date: 2/12/2019
- Secure Web Portal | Webinar date: 1/31/2019
- Checking Eligibility | Webinar date: 10/31/2018
- Prior Authorization Changes Webinar | Webinar date: 9/27/2018
What is Personal Medicine?
Personal Medicine is a deeply transformative, powerful healing practice that helps people connect with the healer inside themselves—their inner resilience. It is just as important to recovery as any medication. Personal Medicine is what we do, not a pill or other drug we take. Anyone can claim their own Personal Medicine—it’s available to all of us.
Personal Medicine supports recovery-oriented practice, is evidence-based, and has been shown to increase activation which leads to more robust health outcomes. The practice of Personal Medicine meets SAMHSA’s criteria for recovery-based practice and the core competencies of peer support.
Extensive research on Personal Medicine shows that people who use it over time are more activated in their self care, which leads to better health outcomes.
Who are Pat Deegan and PDA?
Patricia Deegan, PhD, developed the recovery model in behavioral health treatment. Diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teenager, she went on to get her doctorate in clinical psychology and today leads a company run by and for people in recovery called Pat Deegan & Associates, or PDA.
Dr. Deegan developed Personal Medicine as part of the recovery model. Today, PDA has trained thousands of people as Certified Personal Medicine Coaches, or CPMCs, around the world.
“Illnesses don’t recover; people do.”
Personal Medicine and Service Planning
Personal Medicine is an effective addition to a member’s service plan. CPMCs coach members to discover their own unique Personal Medicine. When they do this, members empower themselves to disrupt the idea that they are the “problem.” Instead, Personal Medicine helps members recognize that they are part of the solution to their own recovery. The message in this for members is that they can find the right balance between their own Personal Medicine and the psychiatric medicine they may use.
Training and certification for Mercy Care providers
Mercy Care has provided funding for providers to have Certified Personal Medicine Coaching Champions who can train their staff for larger health homes. We are also providing funding for all Rehabilitation Specialists who work at each ACC-RBHA behavioral health home and Assertive Community Treatment team (ACT) to become Certified Personal Medicine Coaches. Mercy Care will also be holding CPMC training sessions.
Here's a video of a webinar on Personal Medicine for more information.
See the Provider Manual for additional guidance (Section 2.9, Clinical Guidelines on page 69).
If you need additional support, please contact us at PersonalMedicine@MercyCareAZ.org.
2022 Mercy Care Annual Provider Conference
Workforce Development Training and Resource Site
Our Workforce Development Training and Resource site contains valuable information regarding the Workforce Development department. It also contains physical health courses that are not available in Relias for Behavioral Health Providers. In the future, we will continue to develop further courses that may be of use to physical health providers. We look forward to collaborating with providers on adding additional courses. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions you may have.
AzAHP Workforce Development Information
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance (AWFDA) is comprised of all the AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) & Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) Plans in the state of Arizona. This includes, Arizona Complete Health, Banner University Health Plans, Care 1st, Health Choice Arizona, Mercy Care, Molina Health Care, and United Healthcare Community Plan. Together they act as a single point of contact for reference and direction for the shared provider network. This Alliance is dedicated to working with Relias, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), health care Providers, Members, and Communities as a whole, to drive long lasting and effective changes in workforce development and Member outcomes. To achieve this vision, they are working collaboratively as seven separately established Health Plans to assist the Provider network in the transition from a prescriptive and compliance-based system, to a more autonomous, integrated, and competency-based system.
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance’s (AWFDA’s) mission is to evaluate, monitor, and support the development of the capability, capacity, connectivity, culture, and commitment of our provider workforce.
Their website is https://azahp.org/.
AHCCCS Back to Basics
The following AHCCCS Back to Basics courses are available for your review.
08/01/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's System of Care Overview
07/25/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Sealants
07/18/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Performance and Oral Health
07/11/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's Dental
06/20/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 3
06/13/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 2
06/06/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 1
About Workforce Development