Provider Training and Education
Mercy Care offers several provider trainings and educational opportunities to our integrated providers in order to increase overall knowledge and better serve our members on a day-to-day basis. We offer the following:
- Behavioral health education for behavioral health providers through Relias. Please contact our Workforce Development Department at WFD@MercyCareAZ.org to learn more about this and to get registered with Relias if you are a behavioral health provider and qualify for these trainings.
- Provider Relations Webinars are offered on, at minimum, a monthly basis for our provider community. During these webinars, which are recorded, we review and enhance provider education regarding Mercy Care's worflows, policies, procedures and other topics of interest to our providers.
- Computer Based Training - offering training on several different topics that may be of interest to providers. An attestation will be provided for providers to get credit for taking these courses.
- AHCCCS Back to Basics presentations are also available here for your review and will be posted as they are released by AHCCCS.
- Other miscellaneous power points or presentations that may be of interest or enhance provider education will also be available to you.
Network Management Webinars
To view previously presented Provider Relations Webinars, please click on the corresponding link:
- Provider Webinar: Pyx Health Application slides or recording Webinar Date: 07/20/2021
- Provider Webinar: Transitions of Care (TRC) Slides Webinar Date: 07/13/2021
- All Provider Training: Mercy Care Provider In-Service slides or recording
- Provider Webinar: ALTCS Referral Database: Attendant Care Provider Training recording and Training Guide Webinar Date: 01/28/2021
- Provider Webinar: Emergency Department Care Coordination slides or recording Webinar Date: 04/20/2021
- Provider Webinar: ALTCS Referral Database: Home Health Provider Training recording and Training Guide Webinar Date: 04/29/2021
- PCP Behavioral Health Crisis System slides or recording Webinar Date: 3/25/2021
- Member Eligibility and Claims slides or recording Webinar Date: 3/24/2021
- Social Determinants of Health slides or recording Webinar Date: 3/23/2021
- DCS CHP Provider Roadshow slides (PDF), Supplemental handout, recording Webinar Date: 03/11/2021
- Provider Webinar: Augmentative and Alternative Communication slides or recording Webinar Date: 01/14/2021
- Provider Webinar: HEDIS MY 2020: Reducing the burden on providers slides or recording Webinar Date: 11/17/2020
- Provider Webinar: COVID-19 Schemes: Fraud, Waste, and Abuse slides or recording Webinar Date: 06/16/2020
- Provider Webinar: Annual Wellness Visit - slides or recording Webinar Date: 12/15/2020
- Provider Webinar: Comprehensive Diabetes Care – HEDIS MY 2020 slides or recording Webinar Date: 10/13/2020
- Provider Webinar: Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) slides or recording Webinar Date: 09/22/2020
- Provider Webinar: Flu Vaccine slides or recording Webinar Date: 09/08/2020
- Provider Webinar: Gaps in Care Report slides or recording Webinar Date: 08/11/2020
- PCP Provider Webinar: Transitions of Care slides or recording Webinar Date: 07/14/2020
- Provider Webinar: MCA Care Provider Partners Webinar Date: 07/14/2020
- PCP Provider Webinar: Colorectal Cancer Screening slides or recording Webinar Date: 06/23/2020
- COVID-19 Provider TeleHealth/Telemedicine and Billing Webinar Date: 04/16/2020
- COVID-19 All Provider Webinar Date: 3/24/2020
- HEDIS 2020 - Reducing the Burden on Providers Webinar Date: 12/10/2019
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care Webinar Date: 10/8/2019
- DD Provider Forum Webinar Date: 09/17/2019
- Flu Vaccines Webinar Date: 09/10/2019
- Provider Gaps in Care Report Webinar Date: 08/13/2019
- NDC Billing Requirements Webinar Date: 07/23/2019
- Transitions in Care Webinar Date: 07/16/2019
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Webinar Date: 06/11/2019
- SNF Billing Changes Webinar Date: 03/26/2019
- Mercy Care Member Eligibility Presentation Webinar Date: 02/12/2019
- Secure Web Portal Webinar Date: 01/31/2019
- Checking Eligibility Webinar Date: 10/31/2018
- Prior Authorization Changes Webinar Webinar Date: 09/27/2018
Workforce Development Training and Resource Site
Our Workforce Development Training and Resource site contains valuable information regarding the Workforce Development department. It also contains physical health courses that are not available in Relias for Behavioral Health Providers. In the future, we will continue to develop further courses that may be of use to physical health providers. We look forward to collaborating with providers on adding additional courses. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions you may have.
AzAHP Workforce Development Information
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance (AWFDA) is comprised of all the AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) & Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) Plans in the state of Arizona. This includes, Arizona Complete Health, Banner University Health Plans, Care 1st, Health Choice Arizona, Mercy Care, Molina Health Care, and United Healthcare Community Plan. Together they act as a single point of contact for reference and direction for the shared provider network. This Alliance is dedicated to working with Relias, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), health care Providers, Members, and Communities as a whole, to drive long lasting and effective changes in workforce development and Member outcomes. To achieve this vision, they are working collaboratively as seven separately established Health Plans to assist the Provider network in the transition from a prescriptive and compliance-based system, to a more autonomous, integrated, and competency-based system.
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance’s (AWFDA’s) mission is to evaluate, monitor, and support the development of the capability, capacity, connectivity, culture, and commitment of our provider workforce.
Their website is https://azahp.org/.
AHCCCS Back to Basics
The following AHCCCS Back to Basics courses are available for your review.
08/01/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's System of Care Overview
07/25/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Sealants
07/18/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Performance and Oral Health
07/11/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's Dental
06/20/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 3
06/13/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 2
06/06/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 1
About Workforce Development
Other power point presentations include:
Annual Provider Forum Presentation Date: 09/05/2019
Tucson SNF Provider Forum Presentation Date: 10/15/2019
Tucson HCBS Provider Forum Presentation Date: 10/15/2019
Phoenix SNF Provider Forum Presentation Date: 10/10/2019