Provider Education and Training
Provider Training and Education
Mercy Care offers several provider trainings and educational opportunities to our integrated providers in order to increase overall knowledge and better serve our members on a day-to-day basis. We offer the following:
- Behavioral health education for behavioral health providers through Relias. Please contact our Workforce Development Department at WFD@MercyCareAZ.org to learn more about this and to get registered with Relias if you are a behavioral health provider and qualify for these trainings.
- Provider Relations Webinars are offered on, at minimum, a monthly basis for our provider community. During these webinars, which are recorded, we review and enhance provider education regarding Mercy Care's worflows, policies, procedures and other topics of interest to our providers.
- Computer Based Training - offering training on several different topics that may be of interest to providers. An attestation will be provided for providers to get credit for taking these courses.
- AHCCCS Back to Basics presentations are also available here for your review and will be posted as they are released by AHCCCS.
- Other miscellaneous power points or presentations that may be of interest or enhance provider education will also be available to you.
Network Management Webinars
To view previous Network Management webinars, just click on the corresponding link:
MercyCare101: Provider training
Mercy Care 101: Network Management Mailbox
Mercy Care 101: New provider in-service
Mercy Care 101: Member-related information
Mercy Care 101: Claims overview
Mercy Care 101: Arizona Association of Health Plans (AzAHP)
Mercy Care 101: An AHCCCS overview
Mercy Care 101: Additional information and final thoughts
- ABA services webinar | View slides and FAQ | Webinar date: 6/1/22
- ACC-RBHA expansion into Gila and Pinal counties | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 5/18/22
- Grants overview of SABG and MHBG | View slides or recording | Webinar dates: 4/26, 5/5, 5/11/22
- Mercy Care DCS CHP-Special considerations for children in foster care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/28/22
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/22
- Claims, disputes and appeals submissions | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/29/22
- Provider Services Profile | View slides | Webinar date: 03/8/2022 and 03/11/2022
- Pyx Health Application | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 07/20/2021
- Transitions of Care (TRC) | View slides | Webinar date: 07/13/2021
- All Provider Training: Mercy Care Provider In-Service | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Attendant Care Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 1/28/2021
- Emergency Department Care Coordination | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Home Health Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 4/29/2021
- PCP Behavioral Health Crisis System | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- Member Eligibility and Claims | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/24/2021
- Social Determinants of Health | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/23/2021
- DCS CHP Provider Roadshow | View slides (PDF), Supplemental handout, recording | Webinar date: 3/11/2021
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 1/14/2021
- HEDIS MY 2020: Reducing the burden on providers | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 11/17/2020
- COVID-19 Schemes: Fraud, Waste, and Abuse | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/16/2020
- Annual Wellness Visit | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 12/15/2020
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care – HEDIS MY 2020 | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 10/13/2020
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/22/2020
- Flu Vaccine | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/08/2020
- Gaps in Care Report | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 8/11/2020
- Transitions of Care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- MCA Care Provider Partners | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/23/2020
- COVID-19 Provider TeleHealth/Telemedicine and Billing | Webinar date: 4/16/2020
- COVID-19 All Provider Webinar | Date: 3/24/2020
- HEDIS 2020 - Reducing the Burden on Providers | Webinar date: 12/10/2019
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care | Webinar date: 10/8/2019
- DD Provider Forum | Webinar date: 9/17/2019
- Flu Vaccines | Webinar date: 9/10/2019
- Provider Gaps in Care Report | Webinar date: 8/13/2019
- NDC Billing Requirements | Webinar date: 7/23/2019
- Transitions in Care | Webinar date: 7/16/2019
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | Webinar date: 6/11/2019
- SNF Billing Changes | Webinar date: 3/26/2019
- Mercy Care Member Eligibility Presentation | Webinar date: 2/12/2019
- Secure Web Portal | Webinar date: 1/31/2019
- Checking Eligibility | Webinar date: 10/31/2018
- Prior Authorization Changes Webinar | Webinar date: 9/27/2018
2022 Mercy Care Annual Provider Conference
Contexture HIE General Session
Transportation Breakout Session
Mercy Care Crisis Services Breakout Session
Solari Crisis Breakout Session
Mercy Care Innovation Breakout Session
Affect Therapies Innovation Breakout Session
Alium Innovation Breakout Session
Bicycle Health Innovation Breakout Session
Workforce Development Training and Resource Site
Our Workforce Development Training and Resource site contains valuable information regarding the Workforce Development department. It also contains physical health courses that are not available in Relias for Behavioral Health Providers. In the future, we will continue to develop further courses that may be of use to physical health providers. We look forward to collaborating with providers on adding additional courses. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions you may have.
AzAHP Workforce Development Information
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance (AWFDA) is comprised of all the AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) & Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) Plans in the state of Arizona. This includes, Arizona Complete Health, Banner University Health Plans, Care 1st, Health Choice Arizona, Mercy Care, Molina Health Care, and United Healthcare Community Plan. Together they act as a single point of contact for reference and direction for the shared provider network. This Alliance is dedicated to working with Relias, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), health care Providers, Members, and Communities as a whole, to drive long lasting and effective changes in workforce development and Member outcomes. To achieve this vision, they are working collaboratively as seven separately established Health Plans to assist the Provider network in the transition from a prescriptive and compliance-based system, to a more autonomous, integrated, and competency-based system.
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance’s (AWFDA’s) mission is to evaluate, monitor, and support the development of the capability, capacity, connectivity, culture, and commitment of our provider workforce.
Their website is https://azahp.org/.
AHCCCS Back to Basics
The following AHCCCS Back to Basics courses are available for your review.
10/10/2018 - Back to Basics - Maternity Care - Prenatal and Postpartum Participation
08/01/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's System of Care Overview
07/25/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Sealants
07/18/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Performance and Oral Health
07/11/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's Dental
06/20/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 3
06/13/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 2
06/06/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 1
05/30/2018 - Back to Basics - Introduction to Back to Basics and Children's Rehabilitative Services
About Workforce Development
Mercy Care's Workforce Development department values collaborative, transparent knowledge sharing. We are dedicated to providing effective, high-quality training to our provider community. We’re here to help our providers meet the needs of our members and support them on their road to recovery and resiliency.
Our team is comprised of experienced professionals. We modify our training offerings and teaching styles to meet the roles, duties, operations, regulations and needs of those in our programs. We offer scheduled face-to-face trainings, scheduled conference-call trainings, and self-directed technology-based trainings.
For more information regarding any questions you may have, you can e-mail WFD@MercyCareAZ.org. Please allow us one to five business days for us to process your request.
Mercy Care's Partnership with PsychArmor
PsychArmor Institute is a Non-profit that provides FREE EDUCATION and support for all Americans to engage effectively with the military community.
PsychArmor is the only national institute of its kind, dedicated to bridging the military-civilian divide through FREE ONLINE EDUCATION. Additionally, PsychArmor provides a Support Center staffed with mental health experts that are ready to support you.
You may register for these free courses by accessing the following PsychArmor website:
Mercy Care's Partnership with Psych Hub
Mercy Care has partnered with a new company Psych Hub:
"Psych Hub is an online platform providing free, engaging videos about mental health, substance use, and suicide prevention. Psych Hub aims to be the trusted resource for consumers, family members, healthcare professionals and anyone else seeking best in class content on evidence-based behavioral health and substance use disorders. Founded by Patrick J. Kennedy and Marjorie Morrison in 2018, both co-founders have dedicated their careers to being passionate advocates for mental health and substance use.
Our content is meant to help individuals better understand their health care journey, from identifying symptoms to setting expectations for their provider during treatment. The stories we tell are brought to life through animated videos to effectively demonstrate the many faces of mental health and substance use disorders.
Mental health disorders can impact anyone. Through meaningful and innovative education, we can provide understanding and help each other lead healthier lives.”
Ways you might utilize these videos:
- During all staff meetings
- To supplements face-to-face trainings and enhance the learning experience
- As lunch and learns
- To educate members & family members
CME's available at freeCME®
freeCME.com® has provided a broad range of free continuing education available for more than a decade. Activities can be found that consistently meet providers' continuing education requirements. Their easy-to-use web portal makes finding courses and tracking required credits simple and seamless.
freeCME.com® provides its sponsor clients online CME/CE distribution to the industry’s most comprehensive list of physician specialties and healthcare professions. freeCME.com®'s extensive, dedicated membership represents enhanced exposure to your enduring educational activities.
freeCME.com® is a division of Relias Media, a Relias Company, trusted for more than 40 years by doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to provide current, evidence-based continuing education that is designed to improve patient outcomes. Relias Media, a Relias Company, is dedicated to improving healthcare around the world.
Mercy Care offers this resource to assist our provider network. Please click on the below link to access their website: