Effective 10/1/2019 Mercy Care DD's contract went live. As one of two health plans awarded a DDD contract, Mercy Care has expanded our services to DD members and D-SNP services to dual-eligible members through a statewide contract for three years, with seven optional one-year renewal periods, for a total contract term not to exceed ten years.
This signifies another step towards integration in Arizona, as it combines behavioral and physical health services under one health plan to better serve DD members. This allows us to retain our existing business and expand our services to an additional five counties in Arizona. Along with Mercy Care DD, United Healthcare Community Plan also has a statewide contract.
Mercy Care DD previously conducted a provider webinar regarding this integration. Please click on the link to view the provider webinar presentation.
In addition, we have prepared provider FAQs to help answer questions you may have. Please click on the link to view those FAQs.
Join our network
We are committed to providing quality health care services to our members. And our credentialing and contracting processes help us achieve that goal.
To be eligible to join the Mercy Care and Mercy Care Advantage networks as a provider, you must do the following:
- Correctly and completely submit the credentialing application
- Be fully credentialed by Mercy Care or Mercy Care Advantage
- New providers will receive a Participating Health Provider Agreement (contract). Providers joining an existing group must complete the applicable contract documents to be added to the existing contract.
- Sign and return all contract documents.
- Upon completion of credentialing and full execution of contract documents, the provider will receive notice from the Mercy Care Network Development department with the effective date of participation, along with the fully executed contract (if it is a new contract).
Providers should not schedule or see Mercy Care members until they are notified of the participation effective date.
If you have questions about the process, please contact the Contracting Department at:
- E-Mail: contractingdepartment@MercyCareAZ.org
- Phone Number: 602-453-6148
- Fax: 860-975-3201
If you are interested in contracting with Mercy Care or Mercy Care Advantage, you must complete the following steps and return appropriate listed application documents:
A Letter of Interest (LOI) should be emailed to ContractingDepartment@MercyCareAZ.org. The LOI should be on the provider’s letterhead and must include the following:
- AHCCCS ID number
- Medicare ID number (if applicable)
- Geographic location
- Provider specialty and services/facility
If you are unable to email, you may fax your LOI to 1-860-975-3201.
Please submit the following forms with your LOI:
Provider Relations Department
Our Provider Relations department serves as a liaison between Mercy Care and the provider community. Provider Relations is responsible for training, maintaining and strengthening the provider network in accordance with regulations.
If you need to check on the status of a claim, please use our secure web portal. You may access the portal by clicking on the link in the top upper right hand corner of this web page under Find A Provider. You must be a registered user to access it. To register, please fill out our Registration Form. Please fax to the below number to start the process.
If you have questions regarding a processed claim, either paid or denied, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 602-263-3000 or 800-624-3879, Express Service Code 626. Non-participating providers should contact our Customer Service department for all issues, in addition to claims issues.
You can fax directly to Provider Relations at 860-975-3201 the following information:
- Notifying the plan of changes to your practice
- Tax ID changes
- Recent practice or provider updates
- Termination from practice
- Web Portal Registration Form
Please feel free to contact our Provider Relations department for the following:
- Questions regarding the web portal Registration Form or to check on enrollment status
- Credentialing requirements
- Provider Education
You can reach our Provider Relations department by calling 602-263-3000 or 1-800-624-3879, Express Service Code 631.
For your convenience, below you can find a listing of your assigned Provider Relations representative, as well as their detailed contact information: