Prior Authorization Code Changes
Attention providers! Mercy Care has removed hundreds of codes requiring prior authorization from our grids. We did this to reduce some of the administration involved in being part of our provider network.
Prior Authorization Code Changes – FAQ
Pima County providers
Mercy Care is proud to continue serving ALTCS, DDD and Mercy Care Advantage (MCA) members in Pima County. Mercy Care is experiencing a high volume of inquiries from members in Pima County who are enrolled in DDD, ALTCS and Mercy Care Advantage (MCA). These members are stating that their providers are informing them of contracting changes related to the AHCCCS Complete Care contract. Please note: the 10/1 changes for the new AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) program do not impact current DDD, ALTCS and MCA members in any GSA. Mercy Care remains contracted with AHCCCS to provide services to members enrolled in ALTCS, DDD and MCA. If you have any questions please contact your Provider Relations Representative.
Join our network
We are committed to providing quality health care services to our members. And our credentialing and contracting processes help us achieve that goal.
To be eligible to join the Mercy Care and Mercy Care Advantage networks as a provider, you must do the following:
- Correctly and completely submit the credentialing application
- Be fully credentialed by Mercy Care or Mercy Care Advantage
- New providers will receive a Participating Health Provider Agreement (contract). Providers joining an existing group must complete the applicable contract documents to be added to the existing contract.
- Sign and return all contract documents.
- Upon completion of credentialing and full execution of contract documents, the provider will receive notice from the Mercy Care Network Development department with the effective date of participation, along with the fully executed contract (if it is a new contract).
Providers should not schedule or see Mercy Care members until they are notified of the participation effective date.
If you have questions about the process, contact your Provider Relations representative at 602-263-3000.