Provider Training and Education
Mercy Care offers several provider trainings and educational opportunities to our integrated providers to increase overall knowledge and better serve our members on a day-to-day basis. We offer the following:
- Behavioral health education for behavioral health providers through Relias. You can contact our Workforce Development Department at WFD@MercyCareAZ.org to learn more and get registered with Relias if you are a behavioral health provider and qualify for these trainings.
- Provider Relations Webinars are offered on, at minimum, a monthly basis for our provider community. During these webinars, which are recorded, we review and enhance provider education regarding Mercy Care's worflows, policies, procedures and other topics of interest to our providers.
- Computer Based Training - training on several different topics. An attestation will be provided for providers to get credit for taking these courses.
- AHCCCS Back to Basics presentations. These will be posted as they are released by AHCCCS.
- Other miscellaneous presentations that may be of interest or enhance provider education.
Network Management Webinars
To view previous Network Management webinars, just click on the corresponding link:
MercyCare101: Provider training
Mercy Care 101: Network Management Mailbox
Mercy Care 101: New provider in-service
Mercy Care 101: Member-related information
Mercy Care 101: Claims overview
Mercy Care 101: Arizona Association of Health Plans (AzAHP)
Mercy Care 101: An AHCCCS overview
Mercy Care 101: Additional information and final thoughts
- ABA services webinar | View slides and FAQ | Webinar date: 6/1/22
- ACC-RBHA expansion into Gila and Pinal counties | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 5/18/22
- Grants overview of SABG and MHBG | View slides or recording | Webinar dates: 4/26, 5/5, 5/11/22
- Mercy Care DCS CHP-Special considerations for children in foster care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/28/22
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/22
- Claims, disputes and appeals submissions | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/29/22
- Provider Services Profile | View slides | Webinar date: 03/8/2022 and 03/11/2022
- Pyx Health Application | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 07/20/2021
- Transitions of Care (TRC) | View slides | Webinar date: 07/13/2021
- All Provider Training: Mercy Care Provider In-Service | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Attendant Care Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 1/28/2021
- Emergency Department Care Coordination | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 4/20/2021
- ALTCS Referral Database: Home Health Provider Training | View recording and Training Guide | Webinar date: 4/29/2021
- PCP Behavioral Health Crisis System | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/25/2021
- Member Eligibility and Claims | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/24/2021
- Social Determinants of Health | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 3/23/2021
- DCS CHP Provider Roadshow | View slides (PDF), Supplemental handout, recording | Webinar date: 3/11/2021
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 1/14/2021
- HEDIS MY 2020: Reducing the burden on providers | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 11/17/2020
- COVID-19 Schemes: Fraud, Waste, and Abuse | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/16/2020
- Annual Wellness Visit | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 12/15/2020
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care – HEDIS MY 2020 | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 10/13/2020
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/22/2020
- Flu Vaccine | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 9/08/2020
- Gaps in Care Report | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 8/11/2020
- Transitions of Care | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- MCA Care Provider Partners | Webinar date: 7/14/2020
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | View slides or recording | Webinar date: 6/23/2020
- COVID-19 Provider TeleHealth/Telemedicine and Billing | Webinar date: 4/16/2020
- COVID-19 All Provider Webinar | Date: 3/24/2020
- HEDIS 2020 - Reducing the Burden on Providers | Webinar date: 12/10/2019
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care | Webinar date: 10/8/2019
- DD Provider Forum | Webinar date: 9/17/2019
- Flu Vaccines | Webinar date: 9/10/2019
- Provider Gaps in Care Report | Webinar date: 8/13/2019
- NDC Billing Requirements | Webinar date: 7/23/2019
- Transitions in Care | Webinar date: 7/16/2019
- Colorectal Cancer Screening | Webinar date: 6/11/2019
- SNF Billing Changes | Webinar date: 3/26/2019
- Mercy Care Member Eligibility Presentation | Webinar date: 2/12/2019
- Secure Web Portal | Webinar date: 1/31/2019
- Checking Eligibility | Webinar date: 10/31/2018
- Prior Authorization Changes Webinar | Webinar date: 9/27/2018
2022 Mercy Care Annual Provider Conference
Workforce Development Training and Resource Site
Our Workforce Development Training and Resource site contains valuable information regarding the Workforce Development department. It also contains physical health courses that are not available in Relias for Behavioral Health Providers. In the future, we will continue to develop further courses that may be of use to physical health providers. We look forward to collaborating with providers on adding additional courses. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com with any suggestions you may have.
AzAHP Workforce Development Information
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance (AWFDA) is comprised of all the AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) & Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) Plans in the state of Arizona. This includes, Arizona Complete Health, Banner University Health Plans, Care 1st, Health Choice Arizona, Mercy Care, Molina Health Care, and United Healthcare Community Plan. Together they act as a single point of contact for reference and direction for the shared provider network. This Alliance is dedicated to working with Relias, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), health care Providers, Members, and Communities as a whole, to drive long lasting and effective changes in workforce development and Member outcomes. To achieve this vision, they are working collaboratively as seven separately established Health Plans to assist the Provider network in the transition from a prescriptive and compliance-based system, to a more autonomous, integrated, and competency-based system.
The AzAHP Workforce Development Alliance’s (AWFDA’s) mission is to evaluate, monitor, and support the development of the capability, capacity, connectivity, culture, and commitment of our provider workforce.
Their website is https://azahp.org/.
AHCCCS Back to Basics
The following AHCCCS Back to Basics courses are available for your review.
08/01/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's System of Care Overview
07/25/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Sealants
07/18/2018 - Back to Basics - Dental Performance and Oral Health
07/11/2018 - Back to Basics - Children's Dental
06/20/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 3
06/13/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 2
06/06/2018 - Back to Basics - Immunizations - Part 1
About Workforce Development