Augmentative and Alternative Communication
The provider guide below will help providers understand the process and requirements when assisting a member with determining the need for an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) device and which AAC device system may best meet the member’s needs.
- Provider provision for a new AAC device system
- AAC device system forms
- Trial Period
- Prior Authorization Criteria
- Modification of an AAC device system
- Repairs of an AAC device system
- Replacement of an AAC device system
- Coverage Policy
- Training for Professionals and Caregivers
- Coding Information for Medical Policies
For more provider education go to www.mercycareaz.org/providers/ddd-forproviders/education.