Skip to main content

More benefits

Our children and youth deserve to be as healthy as they can be. That’s why we’ve added benefits that go beyond medical needs. It’s a range of services to help them on their health journey.


Just call us at ${MS_phone_1} or ${MS_phone_2} (TTY 711). We’re here for you ${member_services_hours}.

Benefits you can use

Check out these added benefits of your Mercy Care plan.

Can’t find a ride to your health visit? You can call to get a ride at no cost, to or from the closest network provider. 

These are medically necessary nonemergency transportation (NEMT) services. You plan for these rides, so they aren’t for emergencies.  

If you live in Maricopa or Pima County:

  • The provider has to be within 15 miles of your pickup (one way).

  • We only cover rides to and from a pharmacy for trips within 15 miles of the pickup, except for trips to compounding or specialty pharmacies.

  • You can get a ride to a compounding or specialty pharmacy over 15 miles away if your health plan gives prior authorization (PA) for the ride. This means approval in advance.

The 15-mile distance limit only applies if you live in Maricopa or Pima County.

Plan ahead

Ask a friend, family member or neighbor if you need a ride to an appointment. If you can’t get a ride, we can help.

Call us as soon as you make your appointment. We can set it up for you. Just call ${MS_phone_1} or ${MS_phone_2} (TTY 711). We’re here for you ${MS_hours}.

If your trip isn’t urgent, be sure to call at least 3 days before your appointment. If you call the same day, we may not be able to get you a ride unless it’s urgent. So you may have to change your appointment. 

You may also be able to get bus passes at no cost.

Rides during an emergency don’t need PA (approval in advance).  

If a life is in danger, always call 911.

Do you have trouble with speech? An AAC system gives you other ways to share your wants, needs and thoughts. Your primary care physician (PCP) can give you a referral for a speech language pathologist (SLP). You don’t need prior authorization (PA) from your plan to get an SLP assessment. PA means approval in advance.

Speech language pathologists

Advanced Therapy Solutions 
690 E Warner Rd #105 
Gilbert, AZ 85296 
Counties: Maricopa, Pinal, Gila, Yavapai, Cochise, Pima and Yuma 

District Medical Group CRS 
3141 N 3rd Ave, Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85013 
Counties: Maricopa 

Northern Arizona University 
912 E. Riordan Ranch Rd., Bldg.27 A 
P.O. Box 5630 
Flagstaff, AZ 86011 

Therapy One 
108 W University Drive 
Mesa, AZ 85201 

UCP of Central Arizona 
1802 W. Parkside Lane 
Phoenix, AZ 85027 
Email UCP of Central Arizona
Counties: Maricopa, in-clinic only but sites may vary 

Durable medical equipment (DME) vendor

2330 W. University Dr. Ste. 20 
Tempe AZ 85281 
Phone: 480-835-9100
Fax: 480-835-9104 

Learn more in the AAC device brochure:

AAC device brochure – English (PDF)

AAC device brochure – Español (PDF)

All members must have a full wellness visit and a dental visit within the first 30 days of removal and placement in out-of-home care. 

Some routine dental services include:  

  • Dental exams and X-rays 

  • Treatment for pain, infection, swelling and dental injuries 

  • Cleanings and fluoride treatments 

  • Dental sealants 

  • Medically necessary stainless steel, resin or composite crowns 

  • Pulp therapy and root canals 

  • Fluoride varnish applied by a primary care physician (PCP) or primary dental provider (PDP)  

  • Dental education 

We cover these routine dental services without prior authorization (PA). This means approval in advance. 

Your dentist needs PA for major dental services, including general anesthesia and braces. 

Choose a dentist

Upon enrollment, caregivers can:

  • Choose a primary dental provider (PDP)

  • Choose a dental home

  • Change the PDP or dental home anytime, for any reason

Learn about dental homes

We assign all members under age 21 a dental home. You can choose or change it anytime. Your assigned dental home is an office or place you can:

  • Get all your dental services

  • Get regular, ongoing care here, not just when you have a problem

  • Build trust between you and your dentist

  • Work with your dentist to best meet your dental health needs 

We can help you:

  • Find the name, address and phone number of your dental home 

  • Change your dental home provider or help you find a new dental home 

  • Help you schedule dental visits

  • Arrange for a ride to or from your visit

If you change PDPs, ask the current provider to send the medical records to the new PDP. 

Call us at ${MS_phone_1} or ${MS_phone_2} (TTY 711) to: 

  • Ask for a change 
  • Let us know about a change 

Start dental care early

Tooth decay can happen at any age. Even in baby teeth. It’s good to start care early — by age 1 or when the first tooth shows. Then, keep it up.  

This first, early visit is a well-baby checkup. It sets up a dental home for future care. Dental checkups should happen every 6 months after the first visit. These checkups include:

  • Dental cleaning

  • Fluoride treatment

This helps ensure the long-term health of a child’s teeth and gums. 

Try to schedule the next dental checkup before leaving the PDP’s office.

Early periodic screening, diagnostic and treatment (EPSDT) visits

Your primary care physician (PCP) may do an oral health screening. This can be part of an EPDST well visit. 

Providers can apply fluoride varnish for those who:

  • Are at least 6 months of age

  • Have at least one tooth eruption

The oral health screening at the EPSDT visit doesn't take the place of dental exam. A dentist should still see babies by 1 year of age. 

Making an appointment

You don’t need a referral for dental care. And you can see any dentist in the provider directory.

Want to make, change or cancel a dental appointment? Call the provider at least one day before. 

Some providers may attempt to charge a fee for a missed appointment. The law in Arizona says that we can’t pay for missed or no-show appointments.

Do you want to work? Not sure where to begin? Our expanded employment services can help anyone who wants to work. Ask your provider to connect you with employment services. Or call us at ${MS_phone_1} or ${MS_phone_2} (TTY 711). We’re here for you ${member_services_hours}.

What it means to work  
When people feel good about having a job, they see themselves in a more positive way. Working can give you:

  • Structure and routine

  • Increased mental health

  • Support for your recovery

  • Money to make choices about where to live and what to buy

Services you can use   
You can find employment specialists at each clinic in our network. They can:

  • Talk with you about what kind of work you would enjoy

  • Help you find a job that fits your interests and strengths

  • Coordinate with your behavioral health team

Benefits and working 
If you get a job, it may not mean you lose your benefits, like Social Security and Medicaid. How work affects your benefits depends on a few things. Many people are better off, money-wise, when they start working. An employment specialist can help you plan it all out. 

Ongoing support    
We all need support in our jobs. Employment specialists can provide that support. They’ll even be there after you find a job and start working. They can help you:

  • Get help with problems or questions that come up
  • Get support to succeed at work
  • Talk with your employer about growth
  • Manage your money
  • Manage your benefits

Need some job resources? Check our community resource guide for info about jobs and more. 

Flu viruses are always changing. And your protection from the shot decreases over time. Most adults and children over 6 months old should get a flu shot each year.

Just call your primary care provider (PCP). You may be able to get a flu shot with a nurse visit at your PCP office. Or you can find a network pharmacy that gives the flu shot. 

When you find a pharmacy, call first. Then you can make sure they can give flu shots to everyone in your family before you go. 

Learn more about the flu and how to protect yourself and your family.